Topics correspond to KSDE world history standards, but will benefit teachers of all grades and subject areas including language arts, gifted education and art.
The benefits are:
- Open to K-14 educators in all grades & subjects, administrators & librarians.
- Free admission to the Greater Kansas City Japan Festival, a $12 value.
- Special hands-on activities including taiko drumming.
- Optional one graduate credit from Baker University available for $65.
- Power stick with copies of PowerPoints and additional educational resources about the samurai yesterday and today.
Cost is FREE for the first 30 educators to sign up.
Part 1: Saturday, October 1st, 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM starting in Hudson Auditorium of Nerman Museum, Johnson County Community College followed by hands-on experiences and special performances at the Japan Festival till 12:30 PM.
Parts 2 & 3: Online at your convenience. You can check out the videos below:
To register: Email name, grade(s) and subject(s) taught to Randi Hacker at email@example.com.
For more information: Contact Nancy Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.